Killerby Cottage Farm is in the countryside halfway between the seaside resorts of Scarborough and Filey and 1.5 miles from Cayton Bay
The bed and breakfast accommodation comprises three bedrooms, all on the first floor and accessible by a wide staircase.
The rooms have en-suite facilities.
Breakfast is served in the Garden Room. There is level access to the ground floor rooms and garden.
• Website with booking facility www.killerbycottagefarm.co.uk
• Nearest Railway station is Seamer, approximately 2 miles. We can organise pick up.
• 121 'bus from Scarborough and Filey stops at the end of Killerby lane 150 yards from the house.
• Filey is 5 miles, Scarborough is 6 miles.
• All rooms are first floor access by wider than standard staircase.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• By road, B1261 between Cayton and Lebberston villages. Signposted Stained Glass Centre
• The B&B is next to the Stained Glass Centre at the end of the lane.
• Large car parking area opposite the house where cars are parked facing the wood.
• In addition there is a large car park in the farmyard
• Security lighting at night.
• Short, level driveway from car parking area to front door.
• Doorbell to summon owners.
• Reception in the next door Stained Glass Centre Reception if no answer to doorbell.
• Help given with luggage to rooms.
Main Entrance, Reception Area.
• There is a step and low threshold at the front door.
• There are four other access doors at the front and rear with a level approach. these doors are wider and/or double doors with ramps for wheelchairs.
• Security lighting as guests approach in the dark.
• The reception area is in the guest's lounge to the right hand side of the front door. Seating is available and the ground floor is level.
• Assistance is given with luggage to the first floor rooms.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc.
• Ground floor entrance is wooden floor, kitchen is tiled flooring. Guest's lounge, stairs and Garden room are carpeted.
• Wider than standard staircase to first floor with wooden handrail.
• Ground floor toilets are available for guests in the Stained Glass Centre Reception.
Public areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc.
• Large guest's lounge with comfortable seating.
• Guest's lounge situated at the foot of the stairs near the front door.
• One standard WC and one with disabled facilities on the ground floor.
• Safety lighting in public toilets.
• Non slip flooring in public toilets. Fire signs and fire extinguishers in public places.
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar and Bar area, Take away & Café
• Breakfast is served in the Garden Room which is overlooking the rear garden and water feature.
• Small step to garden through double doors. A moveable ramp is available.
• Garden room is carpeted.
• Tables and chairs are moveable.
• Chairs are upholstered.
• Allergies and special diets are catered for.
• Stainless steel cutlery and white china crockery.
• Distance to the W.C. is approximately 10 metres.
Bedrooms and sleeping areas
• Three first floor bedrooms are available for guests. they are accessed by a wider than standard staircase. The bedrooms are left at the top of the stairs and off the corridor.
• All bedrooms have en-suite facilities. The Blue Room is first on the left and has en-suite shower. The Green Room is on the right hand side of the corridor and has en-suite bath and shower and under-tile heating. The twin/double room at the end of the corridor has en-suite bath and shower and under-tile heating.
• The Blue and Green Rooms have king size beds with memory foam mattresses. The twin/double room has twin-beds or super king size bed.
• All rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, with cordless kettles, and LCD televisions with Freeview. The twin room and Green room have Smart TVs.
• All rooms are carpeted. All Bathrooms have tiled floors.
Bathroom, Shower room and WC
• All bedrooms have en-suite facilities
• The floor surface is tiled and bath/shower mats are provided both for in the bath and showers and the floor outside the bath/shower.
• All showers are electric and have a separate shower cubicle.
• Two rooms have baths. The twin room bath is lowered into the floor slightly. The Green room bath is smaller than the twin room bath.
• The hand basin's have integrated hot/cold taps.
• All bathrooms have heated towel rails.
• The Blue room toilet is a Saniflow. The Green room and Twin room toilets are connected to a Septic tank.
Grounds and Gardens
• There is a large garden with a concreted seating area, large lawned area and water garden in one corner.
• The garden is on one level.
• There are public toilets accessible on the ground floor.
• The garden is accessible from the front of the property or via the Garden room with a small step or portable ramp.
• Smoke alarms are located in all bedrooms, in the hallway, kitchen, guest's lounge and staircase. The fire system is integrated and the alarms are electronically linked.
• A hand bell is located on the communal corridor to raise the alarm if necessary.
• Torches are located in each bedroom.
• each bedroom has a portable fire escape ladder.
• There is a no smoking policy throughout the property.
• clear fire procedure signs are located on the door in each room, fire extinguishers are located in public areas and the fire exit route is signed.
• Fridges are available to store medication and special dietary foods. The twin/double room has its' own fridge.
Killerby Cottage Farm,
Telephone: (01723) 581236
Created 12th November 2015